Tucson Metro Chamber
High School Principal - ACE Charter High School
JOB TITLE: High School Principal
LOCATION: ACE Charter High School
1929 N. Stone Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85705
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Annual Contract: 1.0 FTE
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director/Superintendent
Salary Range: $50,000 - $56,000 plus benefits
Open Date 05/15/2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Mail or submit a cover letter, resume and 1-3 letters of references to:
Human Resources Officer
Tucson Youth Development
1901 North Stone Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85705
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls accepted.
The High School Principal provides management and leadership focused on academic achievement and college and career readiness for alternative high school students. This position is responsible for efficient operation of instructional services; continuous school improvement; and positive relations and
communication with all stakeholders. The Principal is directly responsible for the daily administration of instruction and support services for 100 students in a nontraditional learning environment. Tucson Youth Development (TYD) seeks applicants with leadership experience and motivation to implement academic programs and inspire students and faculty. The High School Principal is a member of TYD’s Leadership Team.
- Effectively manage all aspects of the operation of ACE Charter High School including safety;instructional delivery; faculty supervision and evaluation; budgetary compliance; facilities management; and statutory and contractual compliance.
- Under the supervision of the LEA Superintendent coordinate all administrative responsibilities including local school management as an educational program to achieve the mission and vision of the Tucson Youth Development corporate and organizational structure.
- Function as a professional administrator to unify the school’s staff in fulfilling the academic objectives of the Local Education Agency (LEA) in complying with ASBCS Academic, Fiscal and Performance measures as well as ADE programmatic requirements.
- Implement a program of instruction consistent with the needs of the students; priorities and expectations of the ACE Charter High School Governing Board; and compliance mandates of the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools (ASBCS) and Arizona State Department of Education (ADE).
- Supervise certified teachers, counselors, programmatic staff, and office personnel to ensue the effective provision of services to students, parents/guardians, and collaborative partners.
BUDGET AND BUILDING
- Efficiently manage the operation of buildings and facilities within the budgetary compliance approved by the Governing Board and communicate with the Facilities Department to ensure necessary physical plant issues are addressed in and efficient and timely manner.
- Assure the safety of students while providing an academic environment that supports and encourages students to realize their individual academic, college and career readiness goals.
COMMUNITY SCHOOL RELATIONS
- Develop a community profile through which the school is recognized as a premier provider of alternative educational services for youth impacted by academic, financial and social challenges.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Two or more years of experience in charter school management and administration.
- Two or more years of experience in public school classroom instruction
- Demonstrated ability to work with ethnic, academic, and developmentally diverse constituencies.
- Possess a valid Arizona Class One Clearance IVP fingerprint card.
- Possess a valid Arizona Principal certificate
- Demonstrated experience in writing and administering local, state, and federal grants including
- Familiar with ADE, ESEA, Exceptional Education, ELL and AdvancED, and Arizona State
- Demonstrated ability to develop consensus of school faculty and staff to perform educational responsibilities in a unified paradigm with LEA charter holder mission and vision.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.